Stewardship: Gifted to Make a Difference 1-14-2018
When you give, you make a difference in the lives of the people in this community and surrounding areas. Together we help to make our parish a vibrant place to worship, encourage spiritual growth and extend support to our neighbors in need.
We praise God for the gifts and abundance in our lives.
John 3:27 “No one can receive anything except what has been given him from heaven.”
- We believe that all we have and all that we are come from God and that we are truly blessed.
- We believe that God loves us and in his covenant he will take care of us.
- We believe that we have a tremendous responsibility to be good stewards of his gifts.
We are called to give a portion of our gifts back to God in gratitude.
Luke 6:38 “Give and gifts will be given to you.”
- As Catholics we demonstrate our gratitude by giving back to the community and the Church.
- Giving is true expression of our faith, we believe that when we give in the spirit of love, God will return the gift abundantly.
- Stewardship requires that we give in a purposeful, planned and conscientiously manner, giving to God first and not just from our excess or as a token.
By Giving back we are helping the community in which we live.
Matthew 25:40 “Whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.”
- Jesus tasks us with the responsibility to care of others by sharing our gifts.
- Our gifts are a legacy and our investment in the future of our parish, and our joy is multiplied when it is divided among others.
- We are not isolated individuals; we are members in a community in which we should treat others as family members of this Catholic family we share in a pride of ownership in our parish. With this commitment when we enter the church we feel like we are walking into an extension of our home and family.